Sylvia Catharina Hess
- Born 1952 in Freiburg/Breisgau
- Studied German linguistics and literature and political sciences
- 30 years of teaching and method coaching
- Working as an initially self-taught painter since the 1980s
- Artistic education:
Drawing, nude drawing; 3 years figurative ceramics classes by Inge Blum; All drawing technique classes by various artists; Kunstakademie Bad Reichenhall, most recently several years of intensive studies at Ingrid Jureit
- Thematic priority of my artistic work:
Figurative painting; landscape painting; project-linked installation/art in clear space
- Since 2007 working as a freelance artist
- until 2014 artist studio in Bettendorf, Rhein-Lahn district
- until 2013 cofounder and organisator of many cultural projects in Rhein-Lahn-district; joint ventures with German and foreigns artists, among others from France, The Netherlands and South Korea.
- In 2009 representative of the artists from Rhein-Lahn district at the 17th International Art Festival in Seoul, South Korea.
- 2010 cofounder of the Cercle des Artistes Européens in Mulhouse, France.
- 2009 - 2013 Project head and curator of the “Kunst- & Literaturpfad Loreley” (KLP) as part of the Summer of Culture Rhineland-Palatinate.
- 2014 moving the studio to Nierstein on the Rhine and opening a second studio in La Palma, Canary Islands
- Living in Nierstein on the Rhine and on the Canary Island La Palma.
- Awards and honours:
2010 Nassauer Cultural Award „Kunst im freien Raum“; Jury's Silver Award
2010 guest of honour at the Internationale Kunsttage Endingen
Kunstverein Eisenturm Mainz e. V.
Glockwerks Lichte Kunstprojekte e. V.i>